Royal Cornwall Showground
Planning for the CGS Spring Flower Show 2019 is well underway and here's just a taster of what you can look forward to:
- Held in the exhibition halls and adjacent show ring at Wadebridge, Cornwall, this amazing venue is tailor-made for delivering prestigious county events just like ours.
- The spacious exhibition hall will bring together the stunning floral displays from the CGS Spring Flower Show’s exhibits under one roof for the first time.
- The Competitive Classes gives everyone the opportunity to view the county’s finest floral specimens that have been entered to compete.
- Within the exhibition halls, there will be the beautiful floral art and floral photography exhibits and classes too.
- For the first time, a dedicated members’ area will offer a central hub to the CGS Spring Flower Show; where members can meet, share information, and gain horticultural inspiration and ideas from leading experts.
- All show visitors will be able to view all of this, while browsing the wide range of trade stands for horticultural shopping; finding that very necessary item for their garden and gardening pastime.
- The finest local food producers will provide food and drinks for everyone to enjoy in a dedicated marquee with ample seating to enjoy a welcome cup of tea or coffee.
- The Cornwall Garden Society has been developing a growing emphasis on gardening for children to help develop the next generation of horticultural experts.
- We are very fortunate to be able to call upon Tam Pemberton and Perennial Harvest to lead this burgeoning aspect to the CGS Spring Flower Show which provides activities, competitions and entertainment for all ages.
Gardening Interest and Inspiration
- The CGS Spring Flower Show provides gardening inspiration for everyone to enjoy, from impressive floral displays to interactive sessions. For example, you will be able to participate in a Gardeners’ Questions at the central stage with seating space in the heart of the exhibition hall.
- These interactive sessions are designed to inform and entertain all our guests.
- While Cornwall has a proud heritage of some of the leading gardens and horticultural expertise, there will also be the opportunity for gardeners both great and small to compete against each other.
- Visitors to the show will be able to browse the wide range of horticultural trade stands for shopping. The majority of the nurseries are from Cornwall and the South-West, complemented by prestigious and specialist nurseries from elsewhere in the UK.
- There are not many places where a gardener can go to get such a fantastic offering. We will have traders of all sorts of garden related items, including plants and shrubs from a variety of specialist nurseries and garden centers.
- There should be something for everyone who is looking for that very necessary item for their garden and gardening inspiration.
- Added to this we will have the wonderful Artisan Centre which has been so popular in recent years.
We look forward to welcoming you to the largest horticultural show in the country outside London on 6 and 7 April 2019, at our own "Chelsea of the West". And hope you will keep an eye on our website for more information nearer the time.
Yours Dickie Trant, Show Director
Cup winners in 2018
The CGS is a charity that exists to encourage and improve the science, art and practice of horticulture in all its branches; share knowledge about gardening and Cornwall’s rich garden heritage, and conserve the county’s natural environment. The Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society and its Patron is HRH The Prince of Wales.
For further information about the CGS, please follow @CwllGardenSoc on Twitter or like www.facebook.com/cornwallgardensociety
In 2019 the Show is moving to the Royal Cornwall Showground at Wadebridge on 6/7 April with Andrew Leslie as Show Chairman and Dickie Trant as the Show Director. email@example.com. 07530920585. Sue Newton remains our Trade Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 07786367610